Now in its thirty-third year of publication
March 2017 issue highlights FRONT
COVER: Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker built by Matt Jones from the Andy Conway
PSS plans. Model is now owned and flown here by Bob Jennings. It
is finished in the colours of the Ukrainian Air Force. The model
is seen here soon after launch at the Bwlch, South Wales, May
2016. Photo by Phil Cooke, PSSA,
| || |
If you'd like to support RC Soaring Digest, please consider making a donation.
| • Gordy's Travels - Winter Blues and the "New" (to the USA) F3RES Class - Gordy
Stahl investigates F3RES through interviews with experienced
aeromodellers and provides data on several of the kits/ARFs available
for contest work. Also see "Tips for F3RES Airframes" by Larry Jolly on
page 18. |
• NASA/MIT Morphing Wing - By Beth Stackpole, Digital Engineering.
• Kinetic Transonic DP - With a specially designed airfoil, this new DS ’ship looks like another record breaker. By Spencer Lisenby.
• Three Books by Vittorio Pajno - "Sailplane Design," "Light Airplane and Glider Static and Dynamic Stability," and "Sailplane Design Example." Information courtesy of Paul E. Remde / Cumulus Soaring, Inc. <https://www.cumulus-soaring.com>.
• Airfoil System for Cruising Flight - Biologically inspired wing flow control uses a flexible extended trailing edge. From NASA TechBriefs.
• On the ’Wing... - The Integrated Minimum Drag Solution - More about PRANDTL-D from NASA TechBriefs.
• Tom's Tips - Center between two holes - Tom Broeski explains the methods.
• Candidate for the slope - Archangel 1 - One of the initial designs on the road to the A-12 / SR-71.
• Aer-O-Tec Takeo - A 3.6m sailplane or electric power airframe. Reasonable price and comes with its own aluminum travel case!
You can download the entire March 2017 issue of RC Soaring Digest (36 pages) by saving this linked PDF file (approximately 3.8 MB). A highly compressed version of this edition (approximately 2.7 MB), with lower quality photos and illustrations, can be downloaded from the Files section of the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group. You must join the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group to have access to this PDF.
We highly recommend RCSD PDF files be downloaded to your computer hard drive where they can beopened with Acrobat Reader 5 or higher. Viewing the PDF within a web browser via a plug-in is not reliable.
You can be automatically notified when the next issue of RCSDis posted by becoming a member of the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group.
|RC Soaring Digest Homepage|