Now in its thirty-third year of publication
May 2017 issue highlights FRONT
COVER: Peppe Panzieri lands his 4 meter span SZD 59 at Fossato di Vico, Italy. Photo by Jiri Hladky.
| || |
If you'd like to support RC Soaring Digest, please consider making a donation.
|There are 15 articles and /or items of interest in this edition of RCSD. Here's a list of the major articles: |
• F3K Team Fundraiser Clinic and Competition - Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway covers this event held at Levin, New Zealand, April 1-2, 2017.
• Australian International RC Glider Event - F5J, March 10 2017, and F3J, 11-12 March 2017, covered by Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway.
• Gordy's Travels - The Elegance of Contest Landings - Spot landings are often referred to as “dork” landings, or even “crash” landings. Here's another perspective.
• Gordy's Travels - Hey, F3RES'rs! Rubber Milk is back! - Protect your hi-start from deterioration with this product.
• The Darmstadt D-17 and "Chanute" Sailplane - Simine Short, co-editor of Bungee Cord, explores the history of the D-17 airframe, from its original design, construction and flying in Germany, through its extensive history in the United States, including its reconstruction as the "Chanute" and eventual destruction. Color 3-view courtesy of Martin Simons.
• Performance Increase Possibilities of Gliders - A reprint of the DG Flugzeugbau library web page. Covers boundary layer suction, winglets, and flaps, plus a section on measuring L/D.
You can download the entire May 2017 issue of RC Soaring Digest (52 pages) by saving this linked PDF file (approximately 51.3 MB). A highly compressed version of this edition (approximately 4.4 MB), with lower quality photos and illustrations, can be downloaded from the Files section of the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group. You must join the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group to have access to this PDF.
We highly recommend RCSD PDF files be downloaded to your computer hard drive where they can beopened with Acrobat Reader 5 or higher. Viewing the PDF within a web browser via a plug-in is not reliable.
You can be automatically notified when the next issue of RCSDis posted by becoming a member of the RCSoaringDigestYahoo! group.
|RC Soaring Digest Homepage|